Christopher Shade, PhD, founder and CEO of Quicksilver Scientific®, specializes in the biological, environmental, and analytical chemistry of mercury in all its forms and their interactions with sulfur compounds, particularly glutathione and its enzyme system.
He has patented a mercury speciation diagnostic process to analyze human toxicity, founded the only clinical lab in the world offering mercury speciation analysis, and has designed cutting edge systems of nutraceuticals for detoxification and antioxidant protection, including advanced phospholipid delivery systems for both water- and fat-soluble compounds. His Quicksilver Delivery Systems® nanoparticle technology increases the bioavailability of supplements and protocols leading to higher efficacy products.
Dr. Shade is regularly sought out to speak as an educator on the topics of mercury, environmental toxicities, neuroinflammation, immune dysregulation, and the human detoxification system in the United States and internationally. He has helped corporate executives, professional athletes, celebrities, children with autism, patients with chronic immune disorders and more. He strives to evolve the way the medical industry delivers care, and he is perpetually broadening the way the world understands health.
- 2005 Ph.D. Environmental Science/Aquatic Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2000 M.S. Environmental Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- 1993 B.S. Environmental Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- Metabolic Medicine Institute, faculty. Teach 2-4 hr courses in detoxification biochemistry to functional medicine practitioners as part of both Fellowship and Graduate Certificate programs.
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, faculty. Part of collaboration with MMI to provide a Graduate Certificate in Integrative Medicine to applicable health
- American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry, faculty. Teach 8-hr short course in metals detoxification twice per year as part of a 15-day program to introduce holistic medicine to dentists.
- American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) Beyond Detox: Integrating Autophagy Into Detoxification Protocols.
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, The Longevity Wheel: A Model for Supplementing Core Biochemical Pathways for Age Optimization
- Academy of Regenerative Practices (ARP) Pathways for Cellular, Neurological and Liver Detox.
- Autism One 2020,2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015. Multiple lectures on topics including detoxification, endocannabinoids, and neuroinflammation.
- TFIM Beyond Detox: Integrating Autophagy Into Detoxification Protocols.
- ACIMD Interpreting the Mercury Tri-Test.
- IHS The New Frontier in Natural Medicine: Tocotrienols, CBD, Liposomes, and Geranylgeraniol
- Paleof(x) 2019, Keto and Beyond Detox: Integrating Autophagy in Detoxification.
- Society of Progressive Medical Education (SOPMed), 2019, 2018, 2017, Colorado Springs, CO. Detoxification Strategies for Neuro Inflammation.
- UpgradeXP Beyond Detox: Integrating Autophagy Into Detoxification Protocols.
- USA CBD Expo, Superior CBD Delivery with Nano Lipid Particle Technology.